Diwali Gift: Sanskrit Shlokas – My Windows Phone App

SplashScreenImage

Behind this application, I had two motives.

1. Sanskrit is very old language. This language has priceless collection of Subhashitas & Shlokas, which indeed has a great meaning. Unfortunately in the current era of English as a business language and various languages spoken at different states in India, hard to learn Sanskrit is missing its place. This app is just an attempt to share the great content in this language and keep it alive. This is just a first version, with few Shlokas. However, I’ve already started working on update to this application, which will have more content and more features. There may be some mistakes in the content or the meaning provided in this application. In this case, do write to me on my mail id mayur.tendulkar {at} hotmail.com and I’ll be glad to rectify those errors.
  2. I wanted to understand the gotchas in Windows Phone 7 app development and the MarketPlace submission process. And I’m happy that I had a nice experience with this application submission and testing process. Pretty well.

During this application development, I surfed internet for Sanskrit content and I landed up on www.samskrutam.com, which has a great collection of Sanskrit literature. I ‘m really thankful for their content.

I hope, you’ll like this application. Do let me know your feedback on this (positive or negative).

Namaste

Mayur Tendulkar | www.mayurtendulkar.com

Advertisements

Cloud for Windows Phone

These days, cloud and phone are the hottest technologies. Microsoft is pushing Windows Azure and Windows Phone very hard to the customers.

On 9th April, Pune User Group is hosting a Microsoft event for Windows Azure, titled: Windows Azure Camp . In this event, industry veterans are going to talk about various topics related Windows Azure.

azure-camp-banner

In this event, I’ll talking about Cloud for Windows Phone. This session is all about how we can use Windows Phone to access and manipulate cloud data. We’ll see different scenarios where this combination of technologies will be helpful, what tools and SDKs are required and how to setup development environment. Apart from that, we’ll have some demos for the talk.

To get more information about the event follow: http://www.puneusergroup.org/events/WindowsAzureCamp/index.html

Namaste

Windows Phone 7 Webcast Series

Trust me friends, the next big thing is mobile. Nowadays, everyone (Yes, I mean everyone, even school going kids) are using mobile phones, may be for taking pictures, listening to music, playing games, sending text messages (SMS) and sometimes even to call friends.

Apart from that mobile devices are also used for business reasons, like sending/receiving mails, updating/querying sales records at field, checking medical records at health-care centre and what not.

And obviously, mobile application developers will need to build such solutions. But building mobile solutions is a challenging task with so many platforms, so many devices, restricted screen resolutions, bandwidth issues and many more challenges.

Microsoft Windows Mobile, made mobile application development much easier. Developers can choose their preferred language (VB/C#) and start building mobile apps. That too in a managed environment of .NET Compact Framework.

With Windows Phone 7, Microsoft has come up with a new platform for mobile devices. This platform is aimed to provide rich user interface using Silverlight and same managed environment using .NET Compact Framework.

To kick start Windows Phone 7 development, with Pune User Group, I’m hosting a 7 session webcast series. These webcasts are going to cover almost every ‘practical’ aspect of mobile development on Windows Phone 7. So, for next 7 Weeks, 7 Hours, enjoy the 7 hot topics about Windows Phone 7

The complete list of sessions and dates can be found at: http://www.puneusergroup.org/windows-phone-7-webcasts.aspx

Apart from that, PUG with Gouri Sohani will be hosting a series of webcast on VS2010 ALM: http://www.puneusergroup.org/vs2010-alm-live.aspx

I hope, this will help you to learn more about these latest technologies.

So, lets meet online for these live webcasts.

Namaste

SharePoint Day 2010 Event Updates

Thank you very much to all who attended and made this event successful. We had very good number of audience and yes, they are interested in knowing SharePoint.

The event photographs can be found at this link

SharePoint 2010 on Phone:

Indeed, SharePoint 2010 and Windows Phone 7 are two ‘HOT’ products in industry and both can work amazingly well with each other. I presented different scenarios and techniques for doing this collaboration.

However, I wanted to show some more demos but couldn’t do it because of time constraint. I’ll do it in next event.

Till the time, you can find the PowerPoint deck here:

Namaste

Windows Mobile LOB Accelerator

Yesterday (5th Feb 2010), I delivered a session on Microsoft Windows Mobile Line of Business (LOB) Solution Accelerator 2008 at Microsoft Architect Days, St. Lauren, Pune.
Microsoft Windows Mobile LOB Solution Accelerator is an end-to-end sample application, written entirely in Visual Studio 2008 using C#. This sample application showcases many technologies and concepts behind Windows Mobile, like – using WCF Services, making ‘adaptable’ WM applications, using MapPoint Web Services and much more.
You can find presentation here, on the same page. Whilst, to get started with LOB you’ll need following resources:

0. PowerPoint Presentation:

1. Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 (Team Suite (90-day Trial)
Please note: Microsoft SQL Server CE 3.5 will get installed with this release.
2. Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.0 SDK

3. Microsoft Windows Mobile LOB Solution Accelerator

4. Microsoft patterns & practices – Smart Client Guidance
——–
You may also need following software titles:
5. Microsoft Sync Services Framework

6. Microsoft SQL Server 2008

This will help you to get started with building Windows Mobile applications OR to integrate mobile-client into existing mobile applications.

Soon, I’ll share screen-cast on this sample application.

Thanks for attending Microsoft Architect Days and making it ‘one more successful event’

Namaste

Mayur Tendulkar | http://www.mayurtendulkar.com